It has been awesome building in SL and working with Shaye in this assignment – we didn’t have a single argument (not that I thought we would). Shaye and I have worked quite well together before so I knew we wouldn’t have any problems in this assignment. My suggestions to future students who are wanting to work in a team is that communication is very important, compromising and giving and taking of ideas definitely helps. Shaye has been a valuable asset in this assignment, I don’t think it would’ve all come together like it did without her input, suggestions, great scripting abilities and building contributions.
Building has brought out some of the creativity I had back in high school (20 years ago), which I had left behind way back then. I’ve had such a great time with this assignment, it’s a bit sad to be finishing. Shaye and I have both put heaps of effort into creating this build and I’m so pleased with the final outcome.
Total number of prims – 590 prims were used
Three different primitive types – Box, Torus, Cylinder, Hemisphere, Spere…
Four different forms of prim manipulation – Twist, Hollow, Path Cut, Taper
Different textures and colours throughout the build – appropriate textures and colours were used. Along with texture repeats, rotation and offsets.
Texture manipulations – Glow and shininess
Appropriate use of multiple textures on a prim
Appropriate scale for purpose both in construction and texture use
At the start of this assignment my responsibilities were mainly based around the building / visual complexity and Shaye’s main responsibilities was scripting / complex interactivity.
A list of the work I’ve done
Items built / created
All walls, floors, door frame and roof (including bench on top of roof) in the build.
- Welcome frame (instead of arch) with sign texture ‘Welcome to Selma and Shibby’s Dance Club’
- Notecard giver (Shaye created notecard and scripted notecard giver)
- Sculptie sofas (Single seater and 3 seater) and cushions
- Some coloured spotlights
- Animated Disco Balls with prim movement and scripted sparkling particle system
- Sign suggesting Environment settings should be changed to ‘Midnight’
- Round Teleport pads
- Large tinted window
- Both Dance Hearts with dance animations and sparkling particle system.
- Couples dance balls with animations
- Red curved Sculptie sofas and cushions (scripted by Shaye)
- All lamp stands (Shaye has scripted them with light)
- Coffee table
- Round textured rugs
- Textured ceiling
- All textured floors
- All coloured and wallpapered walls
- Some texture pictures on the wall
- Textured Banister
- Colour change Occupancy lights for the changing rooms (Shaye modified the script)
- Large mirror and bench in toilet